Jules Brenner (1917-1991), a native of New York City, began his career as a painter and sculptor, but later, after working with Ed Wiener in Provincetown, turned to jewelry-making as his main focus. Beginning in 1953, he had a store in Greenwich Village located on MacDougal Street not far from the coffee houses between Third and Eighth Streets where he created modernist pieces, mostly in silver. In 1963, he moved his shop to Lexington Avenue and began working in gold, casting many pieces using the lost-wax process. His early work was more in the constructionist style. His later work are considered to be more surrealistic and biomorphic. His pieces were either limited production or one of a kind. He moved permanently to Provincetown in 1974 where he worked until his death in 1991.
Copyright © 2017 SM Publications
All Rights Reserved.
Legal & Privacy Notices